Theory of Limits:The Lawmaking in the Quran (includes Q and A) by Mumtaz Khan – 28 March 2021
In this video
This is a thought provoking talk by the speaker in which he explains the following:
1. Islam provides legal framework for all branches in law.
2. Theory of limits means that the Quran was revealed in fixed time but is valid for all time.
3. It is about existence of limits in the Divine Test.
It is a flexible system of law that replaces rigid regulations – penalties that allow no mitigation and are thought to be once-and-for-all fixed. It provides legislative framework within which we may adopt the new laws.
A framework outposts or sidelines.
Islam provides legal framework for all branches of law:
Defence Regulations and Laws
The Quran being declared the Mother of Books (3:7) allows to derive other books from it.
a. Upper Limit
2. Lower Limit
3. Conjoined upper and lower limits
4. Positive upper limit (Zakaat) and a negative lower limit (Riba)
5. Meeting up upper and lower limit at one point
6. Lower and upper limit remain untouched by curvature
There is a very thought provoking question and answer session after the main talk. Any question can be directed to:
You can leave your comments at the end.